Abstract submissions for the 2023 conference closed on January 24, 2023. If you missed the deadline, please contact us by email: email@example.com and we will assess requests on a case-by-case basis if there is availability.
The abstract should be no more than 300 words / 2,300 characters in length. Abstracts should be written using plain language. You may submit an abstract for either a poster or an oral presentation. Oral presentations will be 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions (subject to change).
We encourage service providers, clinicians, students/trainees, researchers, and collaborators such as individuals with lived experience to submit an abstract! Please ensure your abstract is clearly relevant to healthcare navigation.
To facilitate peer review, include the following headers and corresponding information in each section:
- Introduction: Discuss the importance and objective(s) of the proposed presentation.
- Design: Include research methods, or specific details of the presentation, such as a description of a navigation program.
- Results: Describe final or preliminary results, and/or lessons learned from your experiences.
- Conclusion: Include conclusions, discussion points, and/or implications for the field of healthcare navigation.
2023 Conference Theme
This year’s theme is Achieving Integrated Care through Healthcare Navigation. By driving integrated care, healthcare navigation has the potential to mitigate inequalities in access, outcomes, and experiences; enhance system efficiencies; and improve health and healthcare outcomes for Canadians.
Conference presentations may touch on:
- Innovative collaborations and partnerships between navigation programs and their local communities.
- How navigators can advocate for their clients to ensure the integration and coordination of care plans.
- The role of navigation in integrated care systems and mechanisms.
- Outcomes of projects and initiatives evaluating the role of navigation in integrating care for various target populations.
If you have any questions, please contact us.